Warning Signs of Bipolar
Knowing the Signs and Triggers of Bipolar
Do you know the warning signs and triggers of bipolar disorder?
For depressive episodes, watch if you really don’t want to do anything that you normally enjoyed and are finding it hard to get out of bed. Other signs of a depressive episode include:
- Physical and mental sluggishness
- Extreme guilt and feelings of worthlessness
These are just some of the warning signs to watch out for. In terms of mania, watch for:
- Feeling “high” or extreme irritability
- Grandiose beliefs
- Sleep troubles
- Racing thoughts
- Impaired judgement
Keep in mind that these are just some of the warning signs to be aware of. Keep track of your symptoms and moods, and you’ll have a much better idea of what to expect.
- How to Help Someone With Bipolar Disorder
Knowing how to help someone with bipolar can be difficult. The first step to successful help is understanding the disorder.
- 4 Self-Help Tips for Coping With Bipolar Disorder
When it comes to coping with bipolar disorder, it's important to develop coping strategies for use in everyday life with medication, therapy, and more.
- Are People With Bipolar Disorder Eligible for Disability Benefits?
Bipolar disorder can be considered a disability if the right criteria is met. Here's what you need to know about disability for bipolar disorder.
- The Importance of Raising Bipolar Awareness
"The quicker we raise bipolar awareness the more people we can reach, changing their misconceptions about mental health," writes Becky.